Zoetis - Tip the Scale Competition
Terms and conditions
1. Customer Benefit Systems (Pty) Ltd trading as Agribonus (“Agribonus”) is organising a competition on behalf of Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd. (the “Promoter”) in which a certain number of televisions and scales (as set out below) can be won (the “Competition”).
2. By entering this Competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition opens on 1 December 2018 at 08:00 and closes at 17:00 on 28 February 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
4. The Competition is open for participation by end consumers and agricultural retailers. Where a participant is an individual, they must be at least 18 years old. There will be separate prize draws for end consumers and agricultural retailers respectively. In respect of the prize draws for agricultural retailers, only the relevant businesses (the companies or other business vehicles running such businesses) may participate and not their employees.
5. The following persons are not permitted to enter the Competition: a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to the Agribonus or the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, Agribonus or the Promoter; or a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
6. To enter the Competition, participants need to buy any qualifying Zoetis product to the value specified below. A qualifying product is any Zoetis product that is regulated by the Fertilizers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act, 1947 (Act No. 36 of 1947). Other Zoetis products do not qualify for entries. A participant will be entitled to one entry for every full R2 500 (excluding VAT) spent on one or more qualifying products in a single transaction. The participant will receive one bonus entry for each of the following products purchased (limited to a maximum of 1 bonus entry for each of these products): SYNOVEX®, Terramycin®, VALBAZEN® ULTRA, CIDR®, CYDECTIN®, DECTOMAX® and One Shot Ultra™
7. In order to enter, a participant must complete an entry form for each entry to which the participant is entitled in accordance with the provisions above. The entry forms and proof of purchase of the relevant products must sent to Agribonus via email or post using the addresses displayed on the entry forms. Participants (excluding agricultural retailers) can also insert their entry forms in entry boxes at participating retailers.
8. A participant may submit multiple qualifying entries but, if successful, may only win once.
9. Winners will be selected by way of random draws from all eligible submitted entries. There will be 2 separate draws: 1 draw for consumers and 1 draw for agricultural retailers. The draws will take place during March 2019. Winners will be contacted telephonically within 7 days after the draw. If the Promoter cannot make contact with a winner after 3 attempts, the relevant participant will forfeit their prize. The Promoter may, in its discretion, select another winner.
10. The Promoter may disqualify entries that are unintelligible, incomplete or non-compliant with these terms and conditions.
11. Agribonus and the Promoter will not be responsible for any late, incomplete or fraudulent entries and will not be liable if an entry is not received by it for whatever reason, including (without limitation) due to failure of communications networks or technical difficulties.
12. The prize winner will be notified by telephone and the prize winners’ names will be published on the Promoter’s website.
13. Winners may be requested to participate in publicity related to this Competition. Each winner grants permission for the use of their names and images in any advertising and promotional material relating to this Competition. Any winner may refuse the use of their image by notifying the Promoter in writing.
14. Thirteen prizes are available in the Competition, of which 10 can be won by end consumers and 3 by agricultural retailers. Consumers stand a chance to win 1 of 10 LMI LS4 scales and agricultural retailers stand a chance to win 1 of 3 smart televisions to the value of R10 000 (incl VAT) each.
15. In order to receive their prizes, winners must comply with all instructions and necessary requirements relating to prizes. It is a condition of accepting a prize that winners provide all necessary information, cooperation and assistance to the Promoter and its service providers in relation to receipt of the prizes. Winners must comply with all terms and conditions that apply to the prizes and use thereof and may forfeit their prizes if they fail to comply.
16. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Actual prizes may differ from the descriptions and images in advertising and materials relating to the Competition.
17. Prizes are subject to availability. Participants agree that events may occur that render the awarding of prizes impossible. Accordingly, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary the Competition or not award prizes, and all participants agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
18. Participants and the winner absolve the Promoter, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from willful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
19. By entering the Competition and/or accepting any prize, each participant hereby indemnifies, releases and holds harmless the Promoter including its subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates and their directors, shareholders, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claims and/or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a prize related activity. The Promoter and Agribonus will have no responsibility for the quality of the prizes and will not be liable to winners for any product defects or failures.
20. If a participant contravenes or does not comply with these terms and conditions, the participant may, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Competition.
21. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. All taxes as a result of the award of a prize and any other fees or costs associated with a prize are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winners of televisions must be in possession of valid SABC television licences in order to claim their prizes.
23. Qualifying products may only be returned if in compliance with the Zoetis returns policy.
24. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this Competition.
25. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer or network failure, bugs, tampering, manipulation, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Competition or to extend the closing date, without any recourse against Agribonus or the Promoter. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions by publishing the amended terms and conditions on the relevant website and participants agree to abide and be bound by such amendments.
27. Participants in the Competition understand and agree that the Promoter may collect and process personal information relating to participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements. By entering the Competition, participants consent to such processing and confirm that all data provided by them is truthful and accurate.
28. Contact number for any queries regarding the Competition: 012 843 5660.